Student Exchange Program
As of December 2008, Southwest University of Science and Technology has established Agreements or MOU with 49 foreign universities on student exchange. See International Student Exchange Partners.
In order to facilitate the study of exchanged foreign students, more than 220 courses are offered in English at SWUST on both undergraduate and graduate levels. The catalog of the courses in English is presented in Appendix II and III.
For detailed information about the courses, please visit the website of International Cooperation and Exchange Department, SWSUT at http://intlstudent.cic.tsinghua.edu.cn.
Foreign students who are willing to participate in the exchange program and study at SWUST may inquire the International Offices of their home universities for more information about the program.
The department/schools of SWSUT have also cooperative relationship with overseas universities. Many of them have signed department/school - level agreements on student exchange. The interested foreign students may inquire their home department/school for more information.
2. Qualification of Applicants
(1) Student Exchange Agreement (or MOU) signed between home university and Southwest University of Science and Technology
(2) At least one year study finished at home university
3. Materials to be submitted
(1) A reference letter from the Student Exchange Program Office of home university
(2) The completed Foreigner’s Application Form for Admission to Advanced Study Program of Southwest University of Science and Technology;
(3) Original schooling records
(4) A photocopy of the applicant’s passport with photo page
(5) A portfolio of 6 photographic design artworks is required for applications to the School of Arts and Design
4. Application Procedure
Step 1: Complete On-line Application on the website of International Cooperation and Exchange Department, SWUST (http://intlstudent.cic.tsinghua.edu.cn). Print and sign two hard copies of the Application Form produced by the system after all the information submitted is verified.
Step 2: Submit the application materials listed above to International Cooperation and Exchange Department, SWUST by post mail or in person.
5. Application Schedule
For spring semester study: October 15 – November 30 (previous year)For autumn semester study: March 15 – April 30 (present year)
6. Review and Admission Notice
The application materials will be reviewed and examined by Foreign Student Affairs Office and the Admission Committee of the department or school concerned. Once approved, the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China will be issued in early January for spring program or early July for autumn program. The applicants may inquire for admission status via the On-line Application System on the website of Foreign Student Affairs Office.
7. Visa Application and Admission Registration
The admitted students should bring their Passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Foreigners, the Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners and Blood Test Record to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China and apply for a student visa.
The students shall come to International Cooperation and Exchange Department, SWUST for admission registration before the deadline indicated on the Admission Notice, and apply for a Residence Permit (for X visa holders) within 30 days after arriving in China.